Music at Bethany
All of our Vocal choirs are directed by Dr. Cary Ratcliff, a great teacher who writes and re-writes music for us and is always ready to welcome new members into the groups.
- Bethany Choir — The Bethany Adult Choir is the flagship of Bethany's music program. The Choir sings every Sunday, at most 11:00 services, monthly at the 8:45 service, and in special seasonal services. Rehearsal Thursday evenings at 7:30. They devote themselves to the art of choral singing and the musical interpretation of Christian texts, and enjoy camaraderie along the way.
- Singers in the Spirit and teen choir — meets weekly on Sunday afternoon, and enjoys a wide range of musical styles, singing in parts. They sing alone, and in collaboration with adult and children's choirs.
- Kids of the Covenant (grades 2–4) meets on Wednesday evenings, and establishes a basis for a lifelong joy in singing. See our pictures from the Jonah and the Whale Production.
- Summer Family Choir — The Summer Family Choir welcomes all ages on a com-when-you-can basis. It sings several times each summer, meeting one hour before the 10am service to learn easy and fun music for that day.
- Listen to the Bethany Choir sing "I'll Praise My Maker While I've Breath," by Craig Courtney, with guest violinist Anyango Yarbo-Davenport.
- Joyful Noise Ringers (grades 8–12) — Youth bell choir that rehearses on Sunday afternoons at 4:45PM
- Celebration Ringers — Adult bell choir that rehearses on Wednesday evenings at 7:30pm. This group enjoys tackling more challenging bell music.
- Bells & Beaux — Senior bell choir that rehearses on Tuesday mornings at 10:00am. This is a wonderful opportunity for those unable to get out in the evening to make beautiful music.